BIAB which stands for Builder In A Bottle, or also known as Builder Gel is fast becoming one of the most popular treatments in the nail industry. But what is BIAB? BIAB was created by a Briti...
BIAB which stands for Builder In A Bottle, or also known as Builder Gel is fast becoming one of the most popular treatments in the nail industry.
But what is BIAB?
BIAB was created by a British gel brand, and it is designed to harden and nourish the natural nail.
Compared to gel nails, builder gel is essentially a thicker gel including strengthening products that can add length and shape without causing any damage to your natural nails and without compromising the same perfect glossy finish you’d expect from any other nail treatment such as shellac or acrylics.
• The strengthening properties can repair and re-shape natural nails. If applied over a longer period, your nails will maintain protection encouraging natural growth.
• BIAB can be used for chronic nail biters due to its thick consistency making it more resistant to nail biting.
• BIAB is vegan and cruelty free.
• Treatments can last up to 4 weeks, then will either be soaked off or infilled to fully restore the nails back to looking perfect.
• BIAB doesn’t come in as many colours as other types of gel polish, but you can always apply a gel polish colour over the top of the builder gel to get your desired shade.
• It often takes longer to be removed compared to other gel polishes due to its thicker consistency. Soaking it in acetone softens and breaks down the bonding to allow it to be removed safely.
• Due to rapid nail growth, you will require regular maintenance to keep your nails looking their best.
So, should you try BIAB nails? If you are looking for an alternative to other nails treatments that is affordable, not damaging and provides an increased strength without compromising your natural nail, then you should give BIAB a try.